Re: [GENERAL] Re: [INTERFACES] the last row in a table

От Stuart Rison
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: [INTERFACES] the last row in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Marcin Grondecki wrote:
>
># There is better answer, i think. Simply read smth about cursors -
># declaring, using, droping. I think this is what u need.  In case of
># troubles with understanding, i'd serve with some examples in Perl.
>
>    If it's the exact last input row you want, a trigger or rule would
>be still yet better.  :)

Or another possibility (again, if it's the last inputed row you want) is

SELECT * FROM <table> WHERE oid=( SELECT max(oid::float) FROM <table> );

I'm assuming here that the largest the oid the latest it was put in...
that's right isn't it (he said, all of a sudden hesitant).

Also, I could only get this to work by typecasting oid as float.  Anybody
know why?

Regards,

Stuart.

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
+-------------------------+ 91 Riding House Street               |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4041    | London, W1P 8BT, UNITED KINGDOM.     |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | stuart@ludwig.ucl.ac.uk              |

От: Gilles Darold
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres tutorial examples !
От: Maerten Gaetan
Сообщение: ...